Server not found ? Anyone else?

I have had several occasions where I tried to log onto the site and I get a error saying "Server not found" has anyone else had this problem?

wetmanjf

I haven't no, but I have noticed that this site seems uncharacteristically quiet today, so maybe lots of people have?

I have had several occasions where I tried to log onto the site and I get a error saying "Server not found" has anyone else had this problem?

wetmanjf

Nope, can't say I've experienced this. Check things your own end perhaps? I've had that on occasion with other websites, but it's usually my ISP that's the culprit.

wetmanjf

I had this happen to me this morning about 9:00 EST. I just went away figuring that it would come back later.

I am using IE and that is fine with me.

I have just attempted access via Firefox as am experiment. It couldn't find this site at all with it's default sarch engine (searchqu, or something like that I think) but searching via Yahoo on Firefox seemed to work fine with me.

But if others are having problems with Firefox it could well affect traffic here.

I am using Chrome right now, in order to access the site. Some change that was made yesterday apparently is not working in Firefox. I have not tried using IE

That's odd, no changes were made that should affect anything like that. In firefox, have you tried clearing your cache and doing a hard refresh (ctrl + F5) - long shot but worth a try.

Steve - how did the actual layout of the site look in firefox for you? Search engine results shouldn't be affected based on the browser used.

Sorry Steve, I meant the layout of the site when you type www.watchgirlspeeing.com into the address bar. Does the template load properly as that's the issue Egwalrus is referring to? The site is still new so I'm not worried about us not appearing in rankings for search engines other than the main ones (google, yahoo and bing) at the moment. That's not anything in our control anyway.

I have cleared the cache, and done a hard refresh. I even did a reinstall of Firefox, but no luck.

I can access the site using chrome, but worry about others not being able to access it.

That's odd as it loads fine in Firefox for me. Obviously I'm grateful you let me know about this, I'm just wondering if anyone else can comment on any firefox issues?

Sorry Steve, I meant the layout of the site when you type www.watchgirlspeeing.com into the address bar. Does the template load properly as that's the issue Egwalrus is referring to? The site is still new so I'm not worried about us not appearing in rankings for search engines other than the main ones (google, yahoo and bing) at the moment. That's not anything in our control anyway.

That's odd as it loads fine in Firefox for me. Obviously I'm grateful you let me know about this, I'm just wondering if anyone else can comment on any firefox issues?

Oh yes, when I used Yahoo search in Firefox, the site loaded normally for me. I never had the problem Egwalrus showed us earlier.

Typing www.watchgirlspeeing.com into the address bar works fine for me too.

Had an idea.....Egwalrus is accessing the site from the USA. So does MissPiss. Just in case this is a problem that only affects the USA or North America, perhaps you could ask MissPiss if she has any issues with Firefox?

I don't know where this site is hosted, but I believe there are some DNS issues at work. When I use my ISP's DNS servers, I see this from time to time. If I use other DNS servers, like Google's or OpenDNS, the issue immediately goes away. I don't know what that necessarily means, but it's another point of data.

wetmanjf

It happens to me every now and then when I try to connect to the site on my phone. At first I thought it was the signal but other websites worked while this one said server not found. It will say that for a while and magically later, it will work on just fine even if I didnt move to anywhere.

Ive never had it happen to me on my laptop so im not sure if its just the phone or the servers for real, but im glad to see im not the only one and like someone posted already, it may be why sometimes it feels very quiet around here.

• 3 weeks later...
Seems to be an issue with Firefox...currently I am unable to access the site using Firefox but I finally logged back on using IE

wetmanjf

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble accessing the site. I can currently access the site fine in Firefox and our server isn't showing any downtime. I'll look into it for you, of course. Has anyone else had this issue though?

Seems to be an issue with Firefox...currently I am unable to access the site using Firefox but I finally logged back on using IE

wetmanjf

I am using Firefox, and yes there are times that I can not get the server for this site.

I just go away and come back later and usually it is working.

I've looked into this a little but can't understand why you'd have this problem. Please let me know if it happens again and at what time. The more details you can give me (the exact error message, the browser used etc) the more likely we'll be able to get it solved. Thanks - and once again sorry about this!

• 2 weeks later...