Pee Webmasters Unite! (& Share your links)

Admin

A lot of members here run pee websites and so I figured having a designated thread for sharing links would be a useful idea. However, I (and maybe others) will quite possibly be interested in starting up partnerships with other sites since we all have similar target audiences, but we can discuss all of that later!

For now, share with us the link to your pee related sites! :)

:stream:

Yes I plan to in the very near future...been swamped with "Real life" issues and just haven't had much to do anything at my site since I found you here.

Wetmanjf

Sure, there's no rush, but I look forward to reading it when you're done. Thanks! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure we have some more pee webmasters here now, so feel free to share your links in this thread to get a little free publicity... you'll certainly be promoting to the right target audience.

A question for those who do run websites in this niche, where do you advertise your site?

I'm am linked off of several sites including Patches Place and Bound2Burst

Is this because you have a partnership with them (links to them on your site)? Also, if you don't mind me asking, do you get a reasonable amount of traffic from those sites?

I am sure I get some traffic but to be honest I don't keep track of it....I have links information and Reviews on many sites..that's pretty much

what my site is....also my site is a Free site...I don't make a penny off of it...I do it because I enjoy it. I even pay for my own Webspace and URL.

I actually do not advertise my site (Elitegold.com) nor do I have any advertisements on the site itself. I pay the bills out of pocket, and it is basically an old style message board. I purchased the site from the founder, who actually started it as the Pee Journal on Patches place back when a 56K dial up connection was considered to be top of the line state of the art. He was going to close the site if no one purchased it, and I made the purchase because of the friendships I had developed there.

Anyone who wishes to join is welcome, due to major problems with spammers many free emails are banned. If anyone wants to join, and have problems doing so, they can email me TW (at)elitegold(dot) com. I am more than happy to find ways to work things out.

I have kicked out 50 fake "members" in the last two days alone. They are easy to see, hints include user names that look like the cat walked on the keyboard (the latest was "gaohybuj") bounced emails, and the inclusion of links in their profile.

Have you ever considered upgrading the forum software? Whilst all forums do get the odd spam accounts, the 'old style' message boards as you said, often get it pretty bad. 50 fake members in 2 days is incredible.

I will be forced to upgrade sometime in the future, but I am putting it off as long as I can. I have been using the same (free) software for 8 years and I do not look forward to having to deal with switching over to something new

I appreciate the upgrade process isn't something any administrator particularly looks forward to, but even upgrading phpbb2 to phpbb3 would probably help your site a lot and open up some new features. Having said that, if you and your members are happy with how things are, perhaps it's best to keep things as they are anyway?

I've just registered to your site to properly check it out (I've been meaning to for a while). :)

Hi, I just tried to sign up for elitegold to check it out myself for my website...When I tried I must have hit a wrong key because it said the confirmation code was wrong..But instead of letting me try again it banned me ? Now when I try and sign up it says my e-mail address has been banned. Is their any way to fix this?

Wetmanjf