Question about adding members to ignroe list.

I understand how to add somebody to my ignore list, but I was wondering does that include the shoutbox?

Better yet, is it possible to only block seeing somebodys messages on the shoutbox, but still see their forum posts?

Thanks.

I understand how to add somebody to my ignore list, but I was wondering does that include the shoutbox?

Better yet, is it possible to only block seeing somebodys messages on the shoutbox, but still see their forum posts?

Thanks.

To be honest, I think that only Admin can answer that one.

Best idea may be to just private chat via the conversation function whoever you want to chat with,and skip the shoutbox..Then you may avoid any offensive chatter.Just a suggestion,i know shoutbox gets out of hand sometimes,but its there for everyone,to say their minds.

Best idea may be to just private chat via the conversation function whoever you want to chat with,and skip the shoutbox..Then you may avoid any offensive chatter.Just a suggestion,i know shoutbox gets out of hand sometimes,but its there for everyone,to say their minds.

So instead of ignoring the members (and their posts) who I find annoying I should just avoid the shout box entirely? I'd rather not ignore them completely but I have no problems doing it if needed.

Private chat is a lot less instant and less like chatting and more like exchanging emails.

And Sophie, whilst pressures of work and such mean we often don't link up, you are one of the best assets of shoutbox. I'd hate to see you absent yourself from it entirely. You are not all one dimensional in there. There is so much more to you than just an interest in peeing. That makes you interesting, and one whole lot sexier when you do talk about it.

My advice - not speaking as a mod but just as a member who likes and respects you - is to ignore whomever it is grating on you, and I mean literally, and only respond to those you wish to chat to.

I would start by explaining to the member what it is they're doing to bother/offend you - if it's anything serious then please let me or a moderator know. If it's just that you indirectly find their messages annoying/uninteresting, it's unfortunately just a case of ignoring their messages on the shoutbox. There is no current feature to just block people on the shoutbox, and if there was I think it would kind of defeat the point of the shoutbox anyway. Like I said, if it's a case that you feel harassed, that's a different matter all together.

Like Steve said, I'm sure we'd all agree it would be a huge shame to lose you from the shoutbox. :)

I would start by explaining to the member what it is they're doing to bother/offend you - if it's anything serious then please let me or a moderator know. If it's just that you indirectly find their messages annoying/uninteresting, it's unfortunately just a case of ignoring their messages on the shoutbox. There is no current feature to just block people on the shoutbox, and if there was I think it would kind of defeat the point of the shoutbox anyway. Like I said, if it's a case that you feel harassed, that's a different matter all together.

Like Steve said, I'm sure we'd all agree it would be a huge shame to lose you from the shoutbox. :)

It would be very wrong to begin banning people from shoutbox.or indeed ANY aspect of communication in general life altogether.Outside of what is obviously illegal,i have no tolerance for censorship,unless traitorious,or paedophilic.Offence can be taken,where none is intended,surely its down to the taste of the individual?

It would be very wrong to begin banning people from shoutbox.or indeed ANY aspect of communication in general life altogether.Outside of what is obviously illegal,i have no tolerance for censorship,unless traitorious,or paedophilic.Offence can be taken,where none is intended,surely its down to the taste of the individual?

Nobody mentioned banning. Nobody at all. I was simply asking if I could add them to my ignore list so I don't see their messages, not ban them from the shoutbox.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry egwalrus for Giving a disagreeing Rating..this was an accident by using a Smartphone and so i Touched the wrong Icon..

I wanted to agree to your Meaning, everybody is Free to say what he is thinking about something..if i dont like Other People say about something i dont have to Hear further..its my decision how to Take something..