PeeCupid & SPAM?

OK so I finally did it. . . for shits and giggles I created an account on PeeCupid. I figured this might be a great way to gain some new fans to my site. OMG. . . . the same day I got TONS of spam. . . now ever day I am getting spam in my email. I rarely ever get spam in my emails. . . now it's every day!!! Just curious. . . has this happened to anyone else????

Lizz

Apparently dating websites are known for their spam, although I presume you'll be able to disable some of the email notifications from your account settings. I imagine you're getting more emails than a lot of users as you're probably getting emailed about all the messages you receive (and, being female, I expect there's quite a few). On a slightly separate note, I'd be interested to know roughly how many active users the site has, and what the male:female ratio seems to be?

I am getting no spam from PeeCupid. . .what I mean is. . . my email has been sold or given away to various other sources. The spam I am getting is from other please .. . but it all started instantly after I joined PeeCupid.

I am getting no spam from PeeCupid. . .what I mean is. . . my email has been sold or given away to various other sources. The spam I am getting is from other please .. . but it all started instantly after I joined PeeCupid.

Oh I see. Presumably the spam sites aren't pee related at all then?

Could of course be coincidence, but it definitely sounds like something untoward has gone on here. Are you sure your email isn't publicly available on PeeCupid? Otherwise, like you said, it would seem the email has been sold/given away by the owner (which seems a little unlikely but of course is possible). I've never joined but hopefully someone who has can share whether they had a similar experience.