bathroom left or right

I have an interresting question mens bathroom does not seam to bee in the same place all the time in usa

on the left or right I was wornding if it is the same in outher countreys why is there no set side mens or female side all the time in one place or anouther

My experience (mainly in the UK but also in some other European countries) is that it is completely random. In some places the mens and womens facilities are not even next to each other. It is not uncommon for male and female facilities to be on alternate floors.

• 1 year later...

I find they vary totally randomly. What is even more odd is that in some buildings, the ladies may be on the left on one floor and on the right on a different floor. Good excuse for accidentally going in the wrong one.

I remember going on a cruise ship where the ladies toilets were always on the starboard (right hand) side of the ship and the gents on the port (left hand) side of the ship except for on one floor where they were inexplicably reversed.