Suggestion for consideration

I think this place is terrific and has a lot of potential. One concern I have is that some new members have an incentive to post one or two word replies so they can hit the 5 post gate and access the videos. Might the admin here consider changing that requirement to accumulating 5 'likes' or something similar? This might encourage people to use the excellent 'like' system and encourage members to contribute things of value to the community.

I suppose any system has the potential to be abused, as I can imagine someone very determined creating 5 extra accounts to like one of their own posts, but I wanted to share this thought I had and see what others had to say.

I think this place is terrific and has a lot of potential. One concern I have is that some new members have an incentive to post one or two word replies so they can hit the 5 post gate and access the videos. Might the admin here consider changing that requirement to accumulating 5 'likes' or something similar? This might encourage people to use the excellent 'like' system and encourage members to contribute things of value to the community.

I suppose any system has the potential to be abused, as I can imagine someone very determined creating 5 extra accounts to like one of their own posts, but I wanted to share this thought I had and see what others had to say.

This is a good point.

On Peesearch there is a 15 quality post rule, which must be met before access to pics and vids is granted. The mods there are forever having to deal with people who post a succession of very brief and almost worthless posts in about 10 minutes flat just to get to the pics and vids, without showing the slightest intention of actually contributing anything worthwhile. And you (Admin) will find that as the membership grows you will attract growing numbers of these non-contributory parasites yourself, who will use up bandwidth without giving anything back.

That is why Peesearch found it necessary to have a rule insisting upon 15 quality posts before access to pics and vids was granted. Of course, they have no "like" system there, but you do. So Nopjan's idea of making five "likes" necessary is a very good one. Those of us who are already here can quickly make sure that when familiar names from anywhere else show up here whom we know to be good contributors, we can quickly make sure they get the necessary "likes". For others who are not yet known, it should not be too difficult if worthwhile posts are made. Marking something as "hot", awarding an "agree" tick, marking something as "funny", or giving a "thanks" could all count as valid "likes" too.